Since leaving the royals with her husband Prince Harry in 2020, Meghan Markle has been dazzling at formal events in some of the most eye-catching evening gowns.
Her innate sense of style and flair for drama have made her a fashion icon, capturing attention whether walking the red carpet in LA or attending charity galas in New York.
From couture designers to up-and-coming talents, Meghan knows how to choose a gown to make a statement.
Meghan Markle’s evening gowns
Carolina Herrera in New York City
- Occasion: Debut at the Salute to Freedom event in New York in November 2021.
- Design: Red silk dress designed by Wes Gordon, creative director of Carolina Herrera. Plunging neckline and overskirt in red tone, paying homage to the poppy, an international symbol of remembrance.
Christopher John Rogers in Los Angeles
- Occasion: Acceptance of the President’s Award at the NAACP Image Awards in Los Angeles in February 2022.
- Design: Christopher John Rogers asymmetrical dress with a floating chiffon panel in shades of blue and slit at the skirt.
Johanna Ortiz in New York City
- Occasion: Featured at the Women of Vision gala hosted by the Ms. Foundation, May 2023.
- Design: Dazzling gold gown by Colombian designer Johanna Ortiz with a discreet diamond cutout at the neckline and a suggestive opening at the front.
Proenza Schouler in Los Angeles
- Occasion: red carpet appearance at the Variety Power of Women Gala red carpet in November 2023.
- Design: Proenza Schouler asymmetrical dress with a draped bodice and nude-toned split skirt.
These dresses represent some of Meghan Markle’s elegant choices, showcasing her distinctive style and impact on the fashion world.