Meghan Markle once again showed her elegance and sophistication at the Archewell Foundation’s first in-person event in New York on World Mental Health Day.
Prince Harry and Meghan attended the Archewell Foundation’s Parent Summit: Mental Wellness in the Digital Age during the Healthy Minds Project’s World Mental Health Day 2023 Festival at Hudson Yards.
At the summit, both Prince Harry and Meghan Markle spoke about their experiences as parents at the event, which was attended by other parents who have suffered the loss of a child due to social media abuse.
The Sussexes joined the speakers’ bureau, moderated by journalist Carson Daly and featuring other industry experts such as Surgeon General Vivek Murthy, where they discussed the dangers of social media.
Meghan Markle off the shoulder dress
As is tradition for the event, the Duchess’ style did not go unnoticed.
Inspired by her iconic Givenchy signature wedding dress, Prince Harry’s wife opted for a white ensemble consisting of an original jacket with a bardot neckline via an elastic band with low buttons and front pockets, valued at $2,195, and matching wide-legged trousers with a flared hem, priced at $1,275.
According to the Instagram account @royalfashionpolice, both pieces are by the brand Altuzarra. The Duchess paired her outfit with nude nappa leather heels, valued at $695.
She completed her ensemble with emerald and sapphire dangle earrings by jewelry brand Sarah Hendler, valued at $1,900.
Hours earlier, at a private, media-free event at a New York school that also focused on mental health, Markle showed a more “casual” side in a jacket given to her by the debate team at Robert Clack School in Essex.
Why was Meghan’s look criticized?
Despite how elegant the Duchess looked, some social media users felt her outfit was inappropriate for the event, even mentioning that she looked like she was going to a “cocktail party.”
- “To me it looks like she is going to a cocktail party.”
- “Not a fan of this look.. The proportions are off.. I think with those open shoulders the jacket should be shorter.. Otherwise it looks like it’s sliding down. Love the choice of color and her head looks beautiful as always.”
- “I love this whole ensemble. I don’t love it for the occasion. I believe this is a daytime event and serious and a formal forum-and I’d rather see something over her shoulders. Meghan pushes boundaries and I get that. I wonder if it takes from the message though.”
- “Great look, but def not for an event like this. SMH.”
- “This is very good, a great look that is very her. I don’t like the bare shoulders in this event, but there is no denying she looks really good. The eye make up is too heavy, though, and I wonder if there is some sort of event she attended after this.”