Meghan Markle’s speech and body language is closely scrutinized every time she appears in public or posts something on her podcast. On many occasions what she has said or does has cost her dearly.
Since the Sussexes moved to the United States, Meghan has made tasteless comments against the royal family and vented everything she experienced in her two years inside The Firm.
She has also said things that have not gone down well with the British press. Without going any further, in her podcast “Archetypes” she commented that her wedding was celebrated with the same joy as Mandela’s release. Apparently this would have been said to her by a South African actor from the theatrical production of ‘The Lion King’.
Such comments add to the list of unfortunate moments that have caused many to feel no sympathy for Meghan. Here are some of the mistakes that weigh most heavily on the Duchess of Sussex.
Why do people hate Meghan Markle?
When Meghan Markle, arrived at the British Royal House, it didn’t take long for unfortunate headlines to be published that neither the press nor the public opinion forgave.
- Meghan Markle’s first big mistake was the baby shower she held in New York, in February 2019. She was criticized for her “celebrity” attitude and the high expenses of the gathering. She was also branded a “hypocrite” for returning to London by private jet. For many it was contradictory to her speech in defense of the environment. Later they would travel again by private jet for their summer vacation, receiving new criticisms.
- The second big mistake that has been blamed by both media and public opinion was to make use of royal privileges while demanding privacy from anonymous people.
- The third mistake was the war against the Daily Mail, a point of no return for a war between the Sussexes and the media.
- The fourth big mistake for the public opinion was: The Megxit. The decision to withdraw from her institutional functions and leave for the United States. Many people assumed that it was more profitable for the Sussexes not to belong to the Royal House. And time has proven them right as they signed millionaire contracts with Spotify and Netflix.
- The fifth mistake lies in the famous and explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey. Although they respected the queen avoiding to relate her with everything they told, the truth is that no one in Windsor came out very well after that interview.