The participation of Britain’s Princess Anne was more than a surprise. Queen Elizabeth’s daughter is known as one of the hardest working members of the royal family, but she has also shown that she has great wisdom and intelligence.
Her intelligence, good humour and knowledge were on full display when she appeared on her son-in-law Mike Tindall’s podcast ‘The good the bad and the rugby’.
The Princess was not alone, she was joined by Prince William and Kate Middleton. They all made a surprise appearance.
The three took part in the podcast on Saturday 9 September, before the Prince and Princess of Wales attended the Rugby World Cup matches in France, an event they were expected to attend.
Princess Anne on Mike Tindall’s podcast
During her appearance on the podcast, Princess Anne spoke graciously about a range of sporting topics and recalled her daughter’s equestrian career, which saw her win a silver medal at the 2012 Olympic Games, which William described as “bringing a nation together”.
King Charles’ sister recalled that the Paralympics in particular were a great moment for disability sport to take off, mentioning that it had led to its growing popularity since then.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
But despite the stories she told, fans of the British royal family were delighted with Princess Anne’s knowledge.
In comments on the video posted on YouTube, many said she would make an excellent queen. They also praised her rugby knowledge.
- “The Princess Royal is brilliant! The depth of her knowledge and articulate comments are second to none, and she is so humble as to not boast about her knowledge”.
- “Goodness, Princess Anne knows more about rugby than half of the TV pundits”.
- “Who doesn’t love Anne. A class act she is!”
- “See Princess Anne, for whatever reason, was always painted to be a sour faced grump but she’s got a cracking sense of humour, she works incredibly hard and deserves a lot more respect than she gets. Great episode, really interesting!”
- “I have never ever watched a rugby match, but this podcast was brilliant. Everyone was so natural, just a bunch of friends having a chat. The Princess Royal is so knowledgeable and down to earth, she would have made a great Monarch.”
- “Well done!!! This was outstanding! We never get to see TRF actually chit-chatting and sharing views and actual stories! The Princess Royal is always impressive! Anne is a force! Love everything about this!”.
- “Princess Anne being the most relatable and interesting person around this table was the surprise of the day that I didn’t know was coming. Brilliant”.
- “Princess Anne won this episode. She never fails to surprise..never fails to impress and the more we see of her the better it is.”