While the world keeps an eye on the health of Princess Kate Middleton and King Charles, Princess Eugenie of York suffered an embarrassing moment at her latest public appearance due to her choice of clothing.
The daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson was criticized for her outfit during an event in Davos, Switzerland.
The princess, who became the mother of her second child a few months ago, was joined by her sister, Princess Beatrice, as she hosted an event on the role of business and government in the fight against modern slavery and human trafficking on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum, reports Express.
Princess Eugenie’s look at Davos
According to the Express, Eugenie chose a black Sirrenas wool coat by Marlene Birger and a short Pavilion Garden print dress by Saloni Joy B for the occasion, paired with a pair of chunky sneakers.
Unfortunately, the princess’ look did not go down well with many, with some social media followers criticizing her and suggesting that she needs a new stylist.
Eugenia’s picture was even shared on an Instagram profile that specializes in analyzing the outfits of royalty.
In the same post, several users wrote:
- “She needs help… new stylist and new hairstyle”.
- “The shoes!!! Omg! Why?!”
- “I didn’t know a black coat could be so unflattering.”
- “This coat needs to be altered (desperately), it’s too long and don’t get me started on the sleeves. Only because it’s expensive doesn’t mean it looks good. Cloths need to be fitted to look elegant”.
- “She just needs some help from a new stylist”
- “She needs to get onto Beatrice’s stylist or Zara’s stylist. They are both dressing so much better”
Despite the controversy, the princess has shown in the past that she has a great eye for fashion, such as when she chose a beautifully and originally designed wedding dress for her wedding to Jack Brooksbank in 2018.