Queen Letizia has been widely praised for having an impeccable full and shiny mane at the age of 51.
Her slightly lighter hair at the ends denotes subtle highlights that add luminosity to her face.
What is the secret behind this look? According to experts, it is due to both regular professional care and a daily routine with specific products.
Queen Letizia’s hair
Among hairdressing treatments, those designed to nourish and rejuvenate mature hair stand out.
For example, those containing collagen help to deeply hydrate the hair and give a “liquid hair” effect of healthy, silky hair.
Others with hyaluronic acid, retinol, or silk and rice proteins also provide nourishment, softness, and shine.
Botox hair treatments, based on the application of hair botox, reduce frizz and increase hair density from the middle to the end.
This restores elasticity and replenishes the hair fiber for a fuller and more youthful appearance.
Queen Letizia resorts to mud baths that consist of applying a mixture of hot water and vegetable pigments extracted from plants, algae, wood and earth to the hair.
These allow gray hair to be subtly colored without damaging the hair, unlike aggressive bleaching. In addition, they nourish and add shine thanks to pigments treated with shea butter, oils, and proteins.
Home care is also essential. The use of organic and sulfate-free shampoos gently cleanses while respecting the pH of the scalp.
They often contain anti-aging active ingredients such as vitamins, biotin, or zinc to strengthen the hair follicle.
A good nourishing conditioner with sunscreen helps repair and protect the hair from the sun and pollution.
Finally, applying restructuring masks and treatments with natural oils once or twice a week thoroughly moisturizes to seal the ends and prevent frizz.
Tips for taking care of your hair after 50
Beyond following Queen Letizia’s steps, experts recommend:
- Moisturize your hair daily with natural creams and oils. Aloe vera, argan oil, and coconut oil are excellent options.
- Brush gently with a natural bristle brush to stimulate the scalp and improve shine.
- Trim the ends every 6 to 8 weeks to remove dry, brittle parts.
- Protect hair from the heat of blow dryers and flat irons with heat protectors. Limit their use as much as possible.
- Massage the scalp to activate blood circulation and nutrient flow.
- Take special vitamin supplements for the hair containing zinc, biotin, iron, and B vitamins.
- Drink plenty of water and include foods rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants.
- Sleep in a silk pillowcase and use fabric hair ties instead of rubber bands.
By following these care and treatments, it is possible to maintain healthy, thick, and shiny hair after 50.
Having a mane like Queen Letizia’s is within everyone’s reach with perseverance and dedication.
The main thing is to choose soft and nourishing products adapted to mature hair.