The growing popularity of Sophie, the Duchess of Edinburgh, may face a setback.
In her recent public appearances, Prince Edward’s wife has demonstrated her excellent sense of style. Her outfits at Royal Ascot were memorable and garnered attention for their elegance.
However, she occasionally faces challenges in pairing her clothes with specific accessories, as was recently the case.
Sophie of Edinburgh’s look at the opening of the Charfleet Book Bindery
Sophie attended the grand opening of the Charfleet Book Bindery in Canvey Island, drawing inspiration from Kate Middleton by donning an Alexander McQueen design.
Specifically, it is an army green, sleeveless, midi-cut, belted wrap style dress. Underneath the dress, Sophie wore a plain white T-shirt.
She accessorized with a Sophie Habsburg clutch and brown leather shoes from LK Bennett, which she has worn on previous occasions.
Although Sophie looked elegant, social media users expressed their dislike for the combination of the dress with a T-shirt.
The Express portal collected some impressions from users who criticized the duchess’s outfit.
- “Not a fan of the t-shirt or the bag – they belong with a much more casual outfit.”
- “I don’t like it with the shirt underneath. It gives the outfit a weird feel,” said another user.
- “I bet it would look great on her if they lost the t-shirt and tailored the dress so the V wasn’t so deep!”.
- “I’m sure Sophie has nice arms and could wear this without the white shirt…she doesn’t even have bad style, but she has a hard time putting things together correctly and is often too casual.”
- Read more: The most romantic photos of Edward and Sophie, the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh, to celebrate their 24 years of marriage
Subsequently, the Duchess redeemed herself as she attended The King’s Award For Enterprise Reception at Buckingham Palace. For this event, she opted for a Floral Dot dress, a mid-length piece with long sleeves, delicate buttons, and a high ruffled collar.
The dress accentuated her figure perfectly, and she looked stunning in it.