Royalty, like all people, have their tastes quite clear and established. Especially when it comes to alcoholic beverages.
To liven up official meetings or simply at home, members of the monarchy usually drink certain kinds of liquors but some have their particular tastes.
Favorite drinks of the members of the monarchy
- Queen Elizabeth II: The British monarch opts for gin and has a predilection for Dubonnet, a sweet drink that is usually taken as an aperitif, as confirmed by Darren McGrady, her trusted chef. The queen also likes to have a glass of champagne and a martini during the day. However, these tastes seem to be left behind by medical recommendation.
- Prince Philip of Edinburgh: It is known that the husband of Queen Elizabeth II had a particular predilection for beer. After his death, his granddaughter, Princess Eugenie, even said goodbye to him mentioning that among her grandfather’s memories was his favorite beer.
- Prince Charles: The future King of England prefers to drink cherry brandy liqueur over other alcoholic beverages available to the royal family.
- Camila Parker-Bowles: Prince Charles’ wife prefers a drink with a stronger touch than her husband likes and opts for gin and tonic.
- Princess Diana: The late Princess Diana was known to have peach bellinis, a cocktail of Italian origin that is prepared with peach nectar, prosecco and raspberry liqueur.
- Prince William: If something William inherited from his grandfather the Duke of Edinburgh was the love for beer and it is that the son of Princess Diana has a predilection for this drink. However, in his youth he used to drink more cocktails.
- Kate Middleton: The Duchess of Cambridge opts for cocktails; in fact for her wedding to Prince William several of her favorites were served, one of those is passion fruit juice, vodka, raspberry liqueur and a touch of champagne. He also served brandy, peach liqueur and champagne.
- Prince Harry: If anything became clear during Prince Harry’s crazy years of youth, it’s that he never had trouble selecting a favorite alcoholic beverage. But since he began his relationship with the former American actress, Meghan Markle, he began to adopt a healthier life, left behind the excesses and water became his favorite drink.
- Meghan Markle: It is well known that the Duchess of Sussex is a loyal lover of the healthy lifestyle so she does not have a drink with alcohol of preference.
- King Philip of Spain: Leonor and Sofia’s father shares a taste for beer with his namesake Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. The Spanish king opts for bitter-tasting liqueurs although he has also been seen accompanying some meals with wine.
- Queen Letiza: Known for how strict she is with the care of her health, the wife of King Felipe is a teetotaler so barely and the liquor touches her lips in some toast during an official act. For her, her “favorite drink” is kombucha, a drink that has probiotic properties.