The Royal Variety Performance 2023 promises to be an unforgettable evening featuring prominent members of the British and Swedish royal houses.
The hosts of honor will be Kate Middleton and Prince William, who will share the stage with Victoria and Daniel of Sweden at this traditional charity gala held annually in the UK to raise funds for artists in need.
It will be a unique opportunity to see two royal couples who share fashion inspirations and social causes such as mental health and children’s rights interact.
The glamorous event will also give Kate a chance to make amends after her minor styling misstep when she visited Stockholm in 2018 at the invitation of the Swedish crown princes.
When is the Royal Variety Performance 2023?
London’s Royal Albert Hall will witness performances on November 30 by big stars such as Cher, Rick Astley and Hannah Waddingham, star of renowned series such as “Ted Lasso” and “Sex Education.”
The show will be hosted by emcee Bradley Walsh.
In addition to musical numbers and comedy sketches, a celebration of Disney’s 100th anniversary is also planned, which will include iconic clips from such films as “The Lion King,” “Frozen” and “Beauty and the Beast.”
Interestingly, 30 years ago Walsh was one of the guests at this charity gala before Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh.
Other highlights of the event:
- Presence of British royals since 1912. The Windsors have been patrons since the beginning.
- 2018 saw the debut of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Harry and Meghan Markle.
- Last year Prince Edward and Sophie of Wessex attended.
- It will be the first time William and Kate will attend as Prince and Princess of Wales.
- It will coincide with the unprecedented presence of the crown princes of Sweden.
With British and Swedish royalty coming together, world-class musical numbers, and the magic of Disney, the Royal Variety Performance 2023 will go down in history as an extraordinary celebration.